Update 1, or rather, 'I Know what I'll do this Summer'

Hello everybody!

A funny thought struck me a couple of days ago. I got into filmmaking with every intention of creating the next Lord of the Rings and somehow, over years of learning film and developing a style, as well as experiencing the odd stressful shoot, I seem to be falling into a territory of only making controversial films! Not including the 'Infamous Script' (which I have actually been working on again recently), the story for which turns away producers before they even read it, I have two fairly controversial projects coming up. One of those being my next directorial project, which will be shot by Crash Taylor, and I am very, very excited about. But the first shoot up in the subject of controversy is the newly re-titled Jar of Angels, physchological thriller about a serial murderer, directed by Crash himself (who, by the way, I will have to nickname 'Starmaker', because everyone leaves his studio feeling like a star).

Pre-production for Jar of Angels is well and truly underway. The script is nearly in lock, awaiting the last bit of feedback from a very important source, and since its completion I've been doing a mix of location scouting and concept art, a sample of which is below:


If you would like to support the film by donating as little or as much as you like, you can send funds on our Crowdfunder site - everyone who donates £10 or over will get exclusive prizes!
http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/investment/jar-of-angels-a-short-film-275

And remember, if you want to follow the film's progress as it happens, and for those who havent seen our wicked trailer yet, check out Crash's blog:
http://coyotecanyonfilms.com/


The other film currently in a mix of pre-production and production (we started filming last week but there's still a lot to do before the more complicated scenes) is a film that isn't exactly controversial, but probably isn't one to take your Grandma to see - the first Light Films feature, still untitled. I'm currently location scouting for this project too, as well as getting the costumes and sets ready. I've shown you the costumes for this one as they've been going along, and here's how they're looking now:

Still a little bit more ageing to do on both of them, but they're definitely getting there!


And finally, there's a little personal sewing project I have coming up whenever (or if ever) I get the time. Yesterday I got a bargain deal on a genuine vintage dress, I think from the 1950s although there were no details with it. Size is around a 12, although I plan on adapting it to my size (somewhere between 8-10). I love old clothes because they tell a story. The (busty) woman who owned this gown clearly had some fun parties in it - the net underskirt is torn from the dress and there's actually a little red lipstick mark inside! I know it's not really costume news but I wanted to share this one with you. I'll be restoring it as well as resizing it so I'll show you the finished result some time next year, I guess!


That's all for now - both shoots are very much underway, like I said, so there's bound to be much more the follow soon!

Comments

Popular Posts